Filing a Bug with the SDK
If you encounter a bug with the Tableau Connector SDK, please file it as a github issue. We will take a look at it and respond as soon as we are able.
When filing an bug on github, attaching the following to the issue:
- A readme file that contains the following (can be in the issue itself):
- Your name and company
- A short description of the bug
- Repro steps with screenshots
- The product(s) it appears in
- The exact version of the Tableau products you are using (ie Desktop 2020.3.1, Server 2020.2.2), as relevant to the bug
- The exact version of TDVT you are running, if the bug is related to TDVT or discovered during a TDVT run
- The operating system you are using
- Connector Files. Can be either a folder with the loose connector files or a packaged .taco connector. Should be the latest version of the connector.
- Clean logs showing the error
- Desktop: This will be in the “My Tableau Repository\Logs” folder for desktop. Remove all items from the folder and then reproduce the bug, then copy the remaining files.
- Server: The “tsm maintenance ziplogs” command can be used, see this page
If the bug is related to TDVT, please also add the following from your TDVT working directory:
- (Optional) The test_results_combined.csv file loaded into our TDVT Results Workbook