This project is using GitHub issues for tracking help requests, bugs, and feature requests.
Filing an issue
As a first step, please search existing issues to see if your problem or bug is already reported.
If not, go ahead and create a new issue and include the following:
- Tableau Server version (or indicate if using Tableau Cloud)
- TSC library version
- Python version
- Environment (Mac, Win, Linux)
- Code snippet
- Expected vs actual results
If troubleshooting a problem could be helped by capturing the REST API requests and responses, see the Troubleshooting page for more info.
Important: do not include in a GitHub issue anything private such as usernames, passwords, or access tokens. Also be careful when posting any API responses to sanitize and remove any sensitive content.
Some labels might be applied to help organize the open issues after some investigation:
- Bug: A bug in TSC itself (not working as expected)
- Docs: Documentation which is either missing or needs to be clarified
- Enhancement: An enhancement request (a new capability in TSC)
- Server-side enhancement: An enhancement which requires changes to the backend Tableau Server REST APIs
- Help wanted: A troubleshooting request asking for community help
Contributing a pull request
Pull requests are also welcome! See the Developer Guide for more details on the process.
You can also start a conversation as an issue first and then create a pull request if the idea looks do-able.